Monday, June 05, 2006

The brave warrior

With the gorgeous weather at the weekend, I needed a break from digging the garden so went for a walk down to the duck pond. It was the busiest I have seen it (well, it is half term).

There were no sign of the ducklings this week, but the swans were about. Unfortunately only two of the cygnets could be seen with them - I hope nothing has happened to the other two. Since my camera battery decided to give up on me, I still don't have any photos of them.

Anyway, I decided to walk a little farther on than I normally do, and met a couple with a Labrador walking toward me. The pup ran up to me with his tail wagging, but as soon as I crouched down to say hello, he turned tail and ran away. So much for the fearless guard dog.

1 comment:

  1. Hah! Labradors may try their best to look fierce at times, but fearless guard dogs they are not. Walking stomachs more like. If you'd had a biscuit in your pocket, the pup would have been your best mate.

    ReplyDelete