Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hobbian Shenanigans

Saturday was the Day of the Great Bristol Hobb Meet.

Some argued before the day that it could not possibly be all that Great, as certain Hobblings would be absent. Admittidly we did not have half naked dancing. But we did have ice, drinks, Skits on a sugar rush and dungeons.

After meeting a little earlier than planned, we managed to find somewhere we could eat where we would not scare too many innocent passerbys.

Then, onto the icerink. It didn't take long for us to realise that we were going to need tin foil hats. Luckily I came prepared, as the choc-pot wrappers were soon redesigned...




Skits, on a sugar high depsite not having a choc pot to eat, remained difficult to capture on camera due to her blurring.


Sky, looking bemused.


For those of you who have not seen a choc pot, this is what they look like:


Skits enjoying herself on the ice...


...although Biped was not so sure of herself...


All was going well until the flash from the camera triggered something in Em and she turned into a mindless zombie...


...and tried to attack Sky...


Luckily, there were no casualties.

Retiring from the ice rink (possibly the ugliest building in Bristol) to a nearby pub, we sat and chatted for a bit.

Skits and Biped:


Em taking videos. Or perhaps just photos.


Em and Ash...


And Sky looking bemused...it was noted how Sky and Keppet always seem to pull the same expression when a camera is pointed at them.


After Sky, Ash and Em had run for their train, the remaining Hobblings went off to investigate the ruined church down on the riverside.




The old and the new.

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Rian is still Very Jealous.

    Although...why do ye put rice in thy chocolate pots, indylove?

    Rian asks, innocently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hurt expression*

    They are chocloate sprinkles. One of the Secret Ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh emma looks dangerous on ice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's got something to do with the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly there are no pics of someone holding on to the icerink barriers for dear life....

    And Em was lethal on Ice. I was absolutely terrified of her turning up behind me and taking me out in one fell swoop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My god, what did you do to my eyes? *laughs* I really do look like a zombie... Great photos though, Indy. (Especially the one of me and Ash, we don't have many seeing as Ash is all camera shy, so thank you!)

    Lethal? Me? *innocent* Skits was worse with the malicious pokes all the time...

    I had a brilliant time! The skating was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. {Sigh}

    You see, this is why I keep having dreams where I up-and-fly to sunny Britain. Darn you all.

    (Zhuwo! My verification word shall now become my personal sound effect. Zhuwo!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My god, what did you do to my eyes?

    I really didn't do anything! I had to reduce the red eye in all the others taken indoors, but yours came out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, pictures of Hobblings, yeah!
    *waves*

    *notes*
    Bring Invisibility Cloak when skating if Em is around. *wink*

    Crafty tinfoil hats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy bob, how did a picture of me sneak into all of that? No wait, I don't own a top like that...

    All this time I thought sis was delusional.

    ReplyDelete
  11. See? I'm not crazy! I may have been prematurely abducted from the womb by aliens, but I am not delusional.

    It was well noted that you and I have never been seen in the same place at the same time, sis. The secret may be out...

    Skating was brilliant fun. I'm sure I wasn't bemused the whole time, though. Although, probably for most of it. A word of warning to future ice-skating Hobblings: never let Em or Skit skate behind you. It is wise to keep them in view at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *takes notes*

    Great pics Indy! thanks for sharing. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ata, you'll have the chance to meet one of us over Christmas, if you can get to Sydney and/or Melbourne ;)

    ReplyDelete