Monday, April 02, 2007

Oblivion - Dear Diary

Dear journal,

Well, I thought that this journal entry would have been written in our home, Weatherby, but alas that was not to be.

Whilst Reynald and I were thrilled to be re-united, and further rejoiced at thinking Zauna would take us to our home, my enthusiasm is beginning to wane.

I am not sure Zauna knows where she is going.

I would not say a bad word against her; she is of a brave heart, and will make an effective and honourable Knight (assuming people can overlook her insistence of looting every monster corpse we come across). Also, she seems to be unable to remember names very well. She persists in referring to us as Boris and Doris, with no consistency applied to which of us is which. Sometimes she refers to us as Molly and Polly, and at other times as Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. So strange.

She also has no ability at all when it comes to reading a map. She clearly has Weatherby marked on there, and yet we have been travelling for nearly two months and we haven't reached it yet. We've been from Bruma to Anvil to Leyawiin and back. We even ended up in an Oblivion plane at one point. From what we can piece together, she is on some sort of quest vital to the Empire, but what this may be escapes me.

She also seems to disappear at times. There have been times and places when I know Zauna had to have been with us, and yet I cannot remember her being there. Instead, I recall a figure in a grey mask.

One benefit both Renald and I have found is that our fighting skills are increasing! Whilst I was always keen to avoid combat wherever possible (and hence why we asked Zauna to kill the trolls at Weatherby for us) in these dangerous times it has been necessary to defend ourselves, and aid Zauna in exterminating the evil creatures that threaten our Empire.

Well, I must end this journal entry here. Zauna is sure the way to Weatherby lies to our west (an area I am sure we covered last week. Or the week before). Still, I have to trust that she will take us there soon.

Germain.

1 comment: