Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Plucky Little Bike

It's been a while, but Emano asked for a photo of the Little Bike that featured in a previous post - so here you are.


The plucky Little Bike (a Honda CBF125) was replaced by Beaky the G650GS in May 2011.  Then, in February this year I upgraded again to Big Beaky (also known as Beaky), a larger F800GS. Big Beaky is a bit of an attention seeker, and keeps getting into the scenic shots.

Oh, and a friend of mine from work is to blame for the Beaky name...something to do with the front mudguard :)

2 comments:

  1. How fast does Beaky go? Beaky looks happy in her new home. (I assume bikes "are" female like ships and cars).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've taken the F800GS (the current Beaky) up to 100mph (on private roads of course).

    However she has all the aerodynamics you'd expect of something that looks like that, and the wind noise/buffet is pretty uncomfortable for long distance.

    I'm usually happier at around 60-70mph on the autoroutes (a little less than the limit).

    Strangely, I consistently get 60-65mpg wherever I go. Even with the panniers on all the time, and also when loaded up.

    ReplyDelete