Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Beaky Adventure - Valle de Bujaruelo

I went on a camping trip last weekend, despite the weather forecast promising thunderstorms and the last three camping trips all ending up with storms overnight.

There was an area on the Spanish side of the Pyrenees I wanted to explore that included several cols (passes) and a road sign (really) that I wanted to find.

Saturday's ride down was fine and went without a hitch.

Narrow road. Double Bends.  16km.  Let's Go!



Weird blue lake. 

Stripey mountain.




The camp site is a couple of miles off the surfaced road up a dirt track - not a problem for the GS!

Once I arrived at the Valle de Bujaruelo I checked in at the camp site and set up Camp Beaky.

Camp Beaky ready!


View from Camp Beaky down the valley.
 After setting up, I carried on up the track for a couple more miles to the bridge of San Nicolas de Bujaruelo.

Bridge of San Nicolas de Bujaruelo

Someone always manages to end up in shot.





That evening I had dinner at the campsite's restaurant before heading to bed.  There was no thunderstorm as promised, but a combination of the river's noise, and lunatic owl that kept hooting meant it wasn't the best night's sleep ever. Breakfast was very welcome next morning!

Breakfast at Camp Beaky.

After breakfast, I broke camp and hit the road again.

On the road from the camp.


Small church in the middle of nowhere.



Another cool road sign!




I reached home without incident, although a little rain on the way back dampened the spirits a little. Still, I had a great weekend - 800 miles, and several more cols ticked off the list!



No comments:

Post a Comment