Monday, December 05, 2005

Christmas Shopping

Hee, I love Christmas shopping.
 
*watches everyone recoil in horror*
 
I'll admit I did do a fair amount of it online this year (Amazon does have it's uses) but there isn't anything quite like shopping in the cold December air to get you in the mood.
 
Bath has the Christmas Market again this year; about a hundred stalls from local shops and craft places interspersed with sellers of hot chocolate, roasted nuts and other warm snacks.  The people running the stalls have the right mentality for it - cheerful and talkative - and since frequently are the craftsmen themselves.
 
Sure, it isn't on the same scale as those in Germany or elsewhere in Europe, but it's easier to get too, and I can keep going back.
 
The only thing missing this year was the snow!

2 comments:

  1. It took me a few minutes to work why the shops were so crowded on Saturday.

    Ahh, Christmas... of course. Drat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas shopping too. :)

    Really ought to get on with doing some, mind you. But yay. I love it. It makes me feel so lovely and Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete