Thursday, May 04, 2006

Liberty and the Harlequins



Last year I was wandering around the art gallery at the local mall, and spotted a picture by Joy Kirton-Smith, a UK contempory artist. However, as a limited edition print there was very little I could do about it at the time.

Time passed, and on receiving this year's bonus thought once again about the picture.

Deciding where it was going to go was an issue - it's not small, especially with the frame - and I realised it was not going to either fit, or go with the other contents in my lounge. I realised that the only wall for it was in the bedroom, and ironically, the duvet set matches perfectly with the colours. So I took a deep breath and went back to buy it. Luckily, the one on display at the gallery was the last one the company had - there are only 150 copies - but it was available.

Given the investment, I wanted it to be perfect so the picture went back to be re-framed (you get a choice from a range of frames at no extra charge) which took a couple of weeks.

Yesterday, the picture was ready for collection. Not only did it (just about) fit, but it looks great in place.


6 comments:

  1. It really is an extrodinary painting... I can't stop looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty cool painting, Indy. I like the older looking style, mixed in with very contemporary looking body types.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the perfect place for such a lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, and keep putting the pillows on the other side of the bed so I can stare at it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I have to keep moving them back, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah perfect place, Indy. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete