Saturday, July 29, 2006

Things To Do that have Been Done

Just to show I have kept my promise and can now check off some of the jobs on the To Do list!

Rose in the corner de-headed and pruned back:


Cut back the climber round the front door:


Mint re-potted. Blue rescued it from the original weeding session and planted it. Since it was only 2" tall, we had to put a stake in the ground to mark it, lest we stomp it by mistake. The little fella has now grown considerably, and I have been advised that mint will grow and grow - so put it in a pot. Eventually, we'll move the pot out from the ground and into a terracotta pot somewhere else.


As for the rest of the garden, one of the mini-roses is budding again:


It has about five un-opened buds as well - more photos to follow.

Mini-rose and the other flower. Not sure what it is, but it looks like a child's drawing of what a flower should look like:



And the purple rose is still in bloom. The flowers come out much lighter and then darken over time.

3 comments:

  1. Good yardwork!

    The flower ss a dahlia, a pretty little one. They can be huge, but that looks like a dwarf.

    Huh, my verification word is mwhaod. Sounds like something Skit or Keppet would say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. I didn't know you liked gardening so much Indy. Your flowers look absolutely wonderful, I love the purple ones, they look so romantic!

    I'm totally useless with plants and flowers, I'm making it all die very quickly. :(

    Do you talk to your plants/ flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't talk to them, at least, nothing that I would repeat in polite company :)

    Thanks for the ID, H! This one is only little; about 3" diameter flowers.

    ReplyDelete