Sunday, February 03, 2013

A Beaky Adventure - Beaky and the Pont du Diable

Back to a trip report today, folks.

After a few weekends of fairly wet weather, looking out and seeing sun this morning meant I didn't hang about getting out on the road.

I wanted to head down to the reservoir Etang du Soulcem, one of my favourite spots in the Pyranees.  I wasn't surprised, however, to find snow in the area, and in the end turned around just before reaching Auzat - some snow on the ground still, a wet road and temperatures dropping to below freezing.

On the way home I took the D88 that follows the route of the newer N20 dual-carriage way for a more itneresting road.  I spotted the sign to the "pont du diable" just before Saint-Antoine, and was glad I did.

Apparenetly the bridge was built to house a mill wheel, hence the building at one end.



 

The approach to the bridge



 View from the bridge upstream



  and downstream...



 Another view over the bridge




View of the bridge with the building remains



No comments:

Post a Comment