Thursday, January 24, 2013

Being Geeky Part II

Or "Sorry to everyone expecting tales of Beaky's Adventures but have you seen the weather out there?"

After the success of the previous PC upgrade to the SSD recently, I was pleased when a box arrived with the anticipated graphics card and power unit.

First thought was...I knew the card was big, but couldn't they have found a better size box?!


It's in there somewhere...are you hiding?  Novatech sure package things well.


And the new toys finally dug out of the packing peanuts.


The Asus card has to be the most expensive-feeling packaging I have ever seen on anything - including jewellery.


So, with the new components looking as though they survived the shipping to France, it was time to start ripping things apart.


Since this was the first time I had done anything like this, I figured being able to put everything back together as I found it might be useful, so labelled all the cables I unplugged as I disconnected the power cables.


After a while, out with the old...


And in with the new...note the size of the new card comared to the old one above on the right.  No, I wasn't sure if it was going to fit yet.


New power and graphics card installed, and it all fitted! Now to see if it works...


It's ALIVE!


A quick install of the card software and everything is working well.

Oh yeah baby!


Previous score was 5.1 on the two graphics criteria :)

So that's that little project completed without major problems.

What's next?


No comments:

Post a Comment