Saturday, November 18, 2006

From the Front line - the hills are alive with the sound of incoming ordnance

After spending the last few evenings hacking up polystyrene sheet in between stints at NaNoWriMo I know have five hill sections, four rock formations and a couple of sandbag emplacements.

Last night I spent an hour shaping and cutting 1cm x 0.5cm pieces of plasticene into sandbags, and glued everything to the bases.

Today, I went up to B&Q for paint. I've mentioned the paint mixing service they have up there. After the boast that they could match any colour, I painted a piece of card with GW's "Graveyard Earth" and a piece with "Codex Grey". I ended up with a tester pot of each colour (plus an extra pot of "Graveyard Earth", which I have to say looks damn good. I've now used one of the browns mixed with ample amounts of sand to texture the polystyrene - which now looks like they are made of chocolate!

I'll post some WIP pictures later, once the paint has dried.
I fear I am going to have to re-work the razor wire fences. I added the wire before painting, and it makes doing the base very hard. I'll see if I can get the wire off (it's superglued on...) so may have to get some more if I destroy it in the process.

Oh, and if anyone out there has a Predator turret going spare, please let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment