Thursday, November 02, 2006

From the Front Line

Facing the Eldar again!
Yes, I faced the Eldar player that had wiped the floor with me on my first visit to games night.
Instead of a full report, I'll just pick out some highlights.
- One Land Speeder destroying the Wave Serpent on my first turn with its multimelta. Then toasting the entire squad of Dire Avengers (including Exarch) that were being carried in it.
- The swooping hawks (aka "budgies") skulking behind trees until the very last turn.
- One Tactical squad losing half its strength after the Rhino APC they were in was hit.
- Tactical Marines in close combat with the Farseer and Guardian jetbike squad...managing to eventually cause them to break...and then catching them up and wiping them out.
- Realising on turn 5 that there was nothing left in my army that could reach the enemy deployment zone to score me any victory points!
Ah well. 3-0 against. At least this time I (a) lasted to the end of the game and (b) had some troops still alive.
Fun game, as ever.
The two foam board buildings are looking good. Next job for them is a coat of textured paint - which I'll pick up at lunchtime.

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to post pictures of models you've painted? I'd be interested in seeing 'em.

    ReplyDelete